Warlingham Rugby Football Club
Post Title: Head of Women’s & Girl’s Rugby
Salary to be discussed based on experience and availability – looking for minimum 2 year commitment
Experience: minimum 1 year & England Rugby Coaching Award and ideally someone looking to progress to their Level 3 coaching award
Are you passionate about rugby and can bring the best out of others regardless of experience or ability? Can you introduce rugby to a greater number of women and girls within East Surrey and the surrounding areas? Can you help them exceed their dreams through the rugby values and experience of team sport? Do you want to leave every session with a smile on your face? Read on…
This role would suit a current or ex-player (Premier 15s/Championship/National Leagues)/PE Teacher/Sports coach that has experience coaching W&Gs rugby and can bring an enthusiasm to develop the section. The club is looking for someone to build on the current foundations to create a sustainable W&G’s section that is inclusive, fun, and connects with local schools and universities.
The role responsibilities will involve
- Creating an overall strategy and philosophy for W&Gs rugby at Warlingham RFC
- Working with Minis coaches to create an effective transition into junior girls rugby
- Planning and delivery of coaching sessions twice a week (Wednesday & Sunday) with home and away matches/festivals on Sundays.
- Liaising with local schools and the community directly or via social media to actively drive recruitment
- Team selections where required and nominations for county and other pathways where appropriate.
- Recruitment of coaches to support U13-18 girl’s teams and women’s team
- Opportunity to support the Rugby Committee with the wider club strategy
The successful applicant must be able to meet the RFU DBS requirements.
What can the club offer you:
- We will support the right candidate through RFU Coaching Award courses and CPDs throughout the year.
- Great facilities and a club that is willing to back the development of a Women’s and Girl’s rugby section through promotion, sponsorship, and much more
If you are interested, please get in touch [email protected] sharing your background and coaching experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org